The best mulching mower
If you’re looking for a mulching mower and you don’t have the time for intense comparison shopping then get this Worx WG743 Mower without a second thought. You will be satisfied with its overall performance that’s for sure.
Mowing a lawn can be easy when you have the best mulching mower. It can be really difficult if you have a substandard mulching mower to work with.
A wide and diverse array of lawnmowers are available today. It’s wise to seek guidance to pick the right mulching mower that will be durable, powerful and high quality.
So, I’ve filtered through most of the quality mulching mowers available now and finally picked top 8 that are the best of the best.
I’ve followed some key criteria which help to determine if a mower is good or bad. Let’s begin the main part now.
Best Mulching Lawn Mowers Comparison Table
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
- 1 Best Mulching Lawn Mowers Comparison Table
- 2 Top 6 Best Mulching Lawn Mower Reviews
- 2.1 #1. Worx WG743 40V (Best Cordless Mulching Lawn Mower)
- 2.2 #2. Sun Joe MJ403E Cordless (Best Overall Mulching Mower)
- 2.3 #3. BLACK+DECKER Corded Electric (Best Budget Mulching Lawn Mower)
- 2.4 #4. Greenworks 16-Inch 10 Amp
- 2.5 #5. Worx Wg779 40v (4.0ah) Cordless 14″ Lawn Mower
- 2.6 #6. Ego Power+ Lm2001-X 56v 5.0ah
- 3 Verdict : Which Mulching Mower You Should Buy?
- 4 Buyer’s Guide of Mulching Mower
Top 6 Best Mulching Lawn Mower Reviews
#1. Worx WG743 40V (Best Cordless Mulching Lawn Mower)
This is the best mulching lawnmower option I am featuring today. Surely a good amount of thought and ideas went into making this unit by the makers.
Between a motor that runs on a battery and features a push-button start, I would be hard-pressed if I did not keep it on the list.
Yep, you heard it right, I mentioned the word ‘environment-friendly’. No, it is not entirely a gimmick. Instead of using store-bought gas, you can simply remove the batteries from the mower and charge them using the included charging dock.
You can remove the batteries and use them on other machines or tools from Worx too. Neat, right?
Being battery powered means that there is instant torque on demand from the motor. There is no start-up time or anything. The rev-matching is instant, as the power delivery from the battery to the motors is instant.
Since there is no gas-operated engine involved, the unit is very quiet. It sounds more like a hairdryer than a mower.
The build quality is absolutely top-notch, and the entire unit overall is fairly lightweight. At just shy of 33 lbs, you will have no problems in moving this mower across your lawn. The mower options are reasonable, and the clippings can be stowed in the bag.
- Fairly lightweight at 33 lbs
- Top-notch build quality
- Battery operated
- Instant torque delivery
- Batteries may need to be changed after two-three years. Depends on usage.
Related post: Top 7 Self Propelled Lawn Mower
#2. Sun Joe MJ403E Cordless (Best Overall Mulching Mower)
And this very capable lawnmower comes with a 17-inch deck that can mow through small to medium area (for reference, ¼ to ½ acre) lawns with ease.
Like I mentioned above, the motor is powerful, rated at 13 amps, and the unit overall comes with 7 cutting heights settings. The cut sizes range from 1¾ inches to 3¾ inches.
Moreover, the unit is lighter than the previous Worx unit I talked about above, at 31.5 lbs. It can also be further folded down into a neat package for even more portability and easy storage. The unit is a push mower, that is to say, all the power from that 13 amp motor goes to the blades, not to push the unit itself.
A thing to be mindful of would be that this mower does not include a roller. However, the model does feature a weighted bar that hangs off the rear and helps to drag the grass along. While this bar does strip, it is very limited, especially when compared to a roller.
The mower also features a grass collection bag. And the bag rated to hold about 12 gallons and is detachable.
The handle and a plastic lid aid the removal process, and upon releasing the bag, a safety cover folds over the exit hole. And the content level of the bag can be checked through a small viewing window residing on the top.
- Comes with a 17-inch deck
- Battery operated.
- Powered by a 13 amp motor
- The collection bag is collapsible and removable
- Uber light at 31.5lbs
- No rollers included
#3. BLACK+DECKER Corded Electric (Best Budget Mulching Lawn Mower)
So far, I have featured only cordless mowers. But they do have a disadvantage, that is, they run on batteries and these batteries have limited recharge cycles. That is not going to be a problem with this mower as you can run it off of your traditional wall adapter.
That is one feature down, let’s have a peek at the build quality. I would describe the build quality as being okay-ish, though the pushing arms seem to be quite durable. The motor, as I have mentioned above, is rated for 10 amps of power, and the unit overall comes with 6 different cutting heights.
One of the features I especially liked in this Black+Decker model is that the back wheels are larger than the ones at the front. This evens out the weight distribution of the electric mower overall, and thus, maneuverability is a strong suit of the BLACK+DECKER electric mower.
- No battery decay, as there are no batteries
- Durable pushing arms
- Larger back wheels
- Great maneuverability
- The wire can tangle up
#4. Greenworks 16-Inch 10 Amp
The 10 Amp supplies enough power to cut through grass irrespective of the texture and it has rear discharge technology which ensures that the incidence of clogging is almost nonexistent.
What’s more is that it has height adjustment features and foldable handles all of which contributes to its flexibility and efficiency in no small measure.
- 6 inch front wheel and 7 inch rear wheels for easy maneuvering through any type of terrain regardless of the texture of the grass or weed.
- Push start button for easy ignition
- Delivers sufficient power necessary for efficient mowing.
- It is lightweight and easier to maneuver around the lawn
- It has a collection bag that is easy to attach and remove
- Easy to assemble and is adjustable to cut grasses from 5/8 inches to 2 5/8 inches
- The attached grass bag is a bit small hence cannot handle much grasses at once.
- Grass dispenser may clog at times
#5. Worx Wg779 40v (4.0ah) Cordless 14″ Lawn Mower
- Suitable for anyone as it is easy to assemble as it takes only a few minutes to assemble and use and there is no need for any tools or implement in assembling it for the first time.
- lightweight and easy to Operate.
- It has two 20v batteries which supply 40 volts of power which means it works faster and lasts longer than most products.
- Designed with battery indicator on the mower that reflects the battery level.
- The blade is a bit small and this means that the number of tours needed to mown a lawn will be a bit more
#6. Ego Power+ Lm2001-X 56v 5.0ah
There are mowers that are suitable for warm weather and some for damp conditions but with this mower, it’s all systems go. It works just fine in any weather condition and is so noiseless it’s almost unbelievable.
It is built with some of the most advanced motor technology around today which is so sleek it’s almost unbelievable and it is certainly one of the most cost-effective mowers you can find anywhere.
- Strong battery power that lasts over an hour if fully charged.
- Easy to handle and move along without much pressure.
- Push to start button
- Designed with a replaceable battery and comes with an additional battery.
- Feels fragile due to the plastic exterior
- Small collection bag that fills up fast
Verdict : Which Mulching Mower You Should Buy?
And that about wraps up my best mulching mower reviews list. The Worx WG743 leads the pack as the finest mulching mower overall with its instant torque delivery and top-notch build quality.
Following closely at its heels is the Sun Joe MJ403E with its compact size. For anyone looking for a corded mower at an affordable price, BLACK+DECKER is the way to go.
Buyer’s Guide of Mulching Mower
There are so many models of mulching mowers in the market today but not all are suitable for you. There are some factors that should be considered and some of these are enumerated below.
Engine Type and Mower deck
A durable mulching mower is expected to have an engine with a minimum capacity of 5 horsepower. This should be the least you should go for. It is advisable you buy those with 6 horsepower.
It is also advisable to acquire a mower with a large lower deck because it trims the grasses smoother than those with a shorter lower deck.
How Does Mulch Mowing Work?
Instead of cutting and removing the lawn clippings, mulching mowers keep the clippings circulating under the cutting deck where the cutting blades are located. The blades chop the grass in small particles in grass circulation process. Mulching takes 30% less time than conventional lawn mowing because it doesn’t cost time for grass collecting.
Do You Need Special Mowing Blades To Mulch Grass?
Mulching blades have two cutting blades on each side. So, they cut the grass finer than regular blades. Regular ones can get the job done too.
18-21 inches blades are enough for small to medium yards.
Blade width means how wide area the blade will cut.
Gas mower can reach up to 100 decibels. Always wear noise protection in that case.
Electric mower can reduce the noise by 30% than gas mower.
Corded Electric or Cordless Model
If the lawn is small, a cordless electric mower is just enough or, perhaps gasoline-powered one.
On the other hand, if the lawn is somewhat big, corded lawn mower is the way to go.
Some Tips for Mulch Mowing
- Always mow when the grass is dry
- Only cut the top third of the grass
- Only cut grass above 1 inch
- Always keep mower blades sharp
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Best Mulching Mower Brand: Who is the Most Trustworthy?
Every time when a decision on the purchase of a mower has been made, the question of which brand to buy often arise; for many, the way out is to consult online mulching mower reviews.
This is a good option but can be tricky because at times the integrity of the comments on most mulching mower reviews can hardly be verified.
However, here is a list of some of the widely acclaimed best mulching mower producer’s top products in the world today. They make the best of the best electric mulching mowers you usually see in-store & online.
- WORX WG743 Cordless Electric Lawn Mower is great for flat surfaces and has an easily removable and replaceable battery that could be charged separately.
- GREENWORKS 16-INCH 10 AMP comes with an innovative design that optimizes the user’s energy which means with little effort you can get great results because it is so designed to move with little effort.
- EGO POWER+ LM2001-X 56V 7.5AH has been around for a while and has maintained its excellent rating among users. Its strong points are that it is energy efficient and charges quickly.
That’s the end of my best mulching lawn mower review. Hope that you have found it helpful. If you still have any question then don’t hesitate to ask me in the comment section.